Sometimes, you insert the SIM card to your handset and it shows “SIM not provisioned for the voice” error. It is mainly due to the SIM card. You may be using a damaged, old or torn out SIM card in your new cell phone and the cell phone is not picking it up. It may be due to the reason that you are using a new SIM card that is still not activated. If it is not so, try the following methods to fix this issue.
What is “SIM Not Provisioned for Voice” Error?
If you see this error in your mobile, it means your SIM is still not activated or your service provider has suspended it. It also shows that your mobile phone may not be enabled to read it.
Before Moving Ahead:
Make sure that you have tried the following tips before moving ahead:
- Try the same SIM card in another cellphone to know whether it works in it or still showing the error?
- You have restarted the phone without taking out the SIM. Simply a restart can resolve the issue.
- Get a new SIM card if your old SIM card is showing this error.
- Contact the call and text services provider and discuss your problem with them.
For All SIM Cards [Android]
- Switch off the phone and remove the SIM card from it.
- Wait for a few seconds and re-insert it into your mobile phone.
- Make sure that you have re-inserted the SIM appropriately in the right way.
- You will see a small symbol on the slot to know which side of the SIM to be inserted into it.
- Now restart the device.
Alternative Method [Android]
If the above method does not work, follow the instructions below to fix this issue.
- Turn off your cellular phone. Put it in reset mode, but you do not need to reset your phone.
- Clear cache from your cell phone and reboot device.
Fix SIM Not Provisioned for Voice in iPhone
The above methods may not work on the iPhone. For iOS devices, you need to behave differently. See the instructions below in this context.
- Switch off your iPhone and take out the SIM card from it.
- Now clean the golden contacts of the SIM card by using a soft pencil eraser.
- Then, use a soft cloth to wipe away the eraser residue from it.
- Re-insert the SIM card to the SIM slot softly. Make sure that it is rightly inserted.
- Restart your iPhone and check if the problem is fixed.